In the Transportation Infrastructure Business, new orders worth Rs. 1035 Crores have been won. A major EPC order has been received from Rail Vikas Nigam for construction of roadbed, major and minor bridges, track linking, outdoor signaling and electrical works in connection with doubling of Sambalpur-Barpali, Barpali-Bolangir, Bolangir-Titalgarh sections as part of Sambalpur-Titalgarh doubling of East coast Railway project in Odisha state.
Another order has been received from the Public Works Department, Government of Maharashtra, for rehabilitation and up-gradation of NH-222 from junction with NH-211 to Manwath (Tadoboragaon) section to two lane with paved shoulders on EPC basis under NHDP-IV.
Also received is a turnkey order from Government of Odisha for two-laning of Kanakotra to Jharsuguda section with paved shoulder including construction of by pass at Belpahar in Odisha. This section connects NH 200 with Jharsuguda.
The Buildings & Factories Business has bagged orders worth Rs. 562 crores. A major turnkey order has been bagged from Lucknow Development Authority for construction of MIG/Super MIG flats in Lucknow. The brief scope of works includes construction of 1672 Flats in 11 residential towers (1 basement+1 stilt plus 19 floors). The construction involves civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, finishing and other associated works.
Additional orders have also been received from various ongoing jobs.
- The Water & Renewable Energy Business has secured orders worth Rs. 553 crores.
- An order has been received for execution of river front development project in Patna from Bihar Urban Infrastructure Development Corporation. The project is funded by the World Bank. The scope involves construction of 21 ghats along river Ganga and beautification of the river bank with other associated works.
- An order from Government of Gujarat for design, site preparation, supply, installation and maintenance of city surveillance and intelligent traffic monitoring system for three major cities in Gujarat. Additional orders have also been received from various operating projects.
- The Power Transmission & Distribution Business has bagged new orders worth Rs. 502 Crores in domestic and international markets. A turnkey order has been bagged from Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited for the work of system improvement, strengthening and augmentation of power distribution system and establishing supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) compatibility for Aligarh town in Uttar Pradesh.
- An international order has been bagged from KAHRAMAA (Qatar General Electricity & Water Corporation) to construct 132 KV GIS Substation at Doha festival City on EPC basis.
- Additional orders worth Rs. 283 crores have been received from various ongoing jobs of the Metallurgical & Material Handling and Heavy Civil Infrastructure Businesses.
“These multiple orders from different core sectors are testimony to L&T’s ongoing business relationship with key players in the industry and specific focus of the strategic business units to excel in project execution and deliver the project with quality & safety,” said Mr. S N Subrahmanyan, Member of the Board & Senior Executive Vice President (Infrastructure & Construction), L&T.
Shares of L&T (LARSEN & TOUBRO). were trading in BSE at Rs.1237 as compared to the previous close of Rs. 1197. The total number of shares traded during the day was 577447 in over 22416 trades. The stock hit an intraday high of Rs. 1241 and intraday low of 1185. The net turnover during the day was Rs. 710125331.